Friday, June 30, 2006

Second Sign of the Apocalypse: Bush Comes to Visit Me!

It's been so long since the first sign of the apocalypse I was starting to wonder if we hadn't avoided disaster. However, my doubts were allayed when I learned that today, President George W. Bush and Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi of Japan are coming to Graceland. Not only that, they're meeting Lisa Marie and Priscilla there. So, to recap, mere minutes from now, W, the Prime Minister of Japan, and the Presley girls are going to be hanging out at Graceland while I am practically within shouting distance (hmmm, what shall I shout?). Apparently the Prime Minister is a fan of the King. I'm not sure what it is with the Japanese and Elvis, but there seems to be a special connection.

Oh, but that's not all. No, before leaving my dear city, they will be having a bar-b-que feast at The Rendevous, which is a world famous bar-b-que joint downtown that has no business being world famous. (Their sauce really isn't up to par.) If you're ever in town, ask me, and I'll point you in the direction of some real Memphis food. Apparently, Bushie didn't think it was necessary to ask for my advice on the matter although in general, if he was taken to asking me for advice, he probably wouldn't be doing such a crappy job governing our country.

Comments on "Second Sign of the Apocalypse: Bush Comes to Visit Me!"

 

Blogger Miffed67 said ... (11:11 AM, June 30, 2006) : 

You ARE planning to duck and cover, right? Eeeek!

Sidenote, tho...I've been to Graceland and it was AWESOME! Loved it!

 

Blogger Becky Heineke said ... (11:50 AM, June 30, 2006) : 

Ah! I know!! It's like I've entered the Twilight Zone!

I went to Graceland once when I was younger and I must agree that it is AWESOME. It all lives up to the hype, right down to the Jungle Room. There was a reason he was the King. :D

 

Blogger Nothing Really Matters said ... (12:54 PM, June 30, 2006) : 

Presley girls, i how this is out of office time??? Is the PM of Japan on vacation?

 

Blogger Becky Heineke said ... (3:09 PM, June 30, 2006) : 

The PM is on official business but he was like, Bush, yo, I love Elvis so you're taking me to Graceland. Bush even said something about how he knew Koizumi would think the highlight of the trip was coming to Memphis even though they were supposed to do a lot of important political talks and stuff. It just seems so random!!

 

Blogger Nothing Really Matters said ... (4:23 PM, June 30, 2006) : 

"random" Very random!

 

Blogger britpopbaby said ... (10:46 AM, July 02, 2006) : 

Yeah, this is random. But kinda nice - Blair never takes people anywhere.

And I want some real Memphis food. Unless it's too hot/spicy.

 

Blogger Becky Heineke said ... (11:08 AM, July 02, 2006) : 

^^^ I can hook you up. I don't do hot and spicy, you'd be safe. Food-wise, at least. :)

 

post a comment

Disclaimer: The contents of this blog are based solely on the opinions the author who is not affiliated with anyone. At all. Except herself. This blog is strictly for entertainment purposes. The author would never claim to be anything less than an open liberal, but she's not operating a news organization here. In fact, it's possible she's full of crap (possible, but not likely).

Powered by Blogger