Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Oh my God, is it Wednesday already?!

Wednesday afternoon, no less. Your crazy statistic of the week: the average corporate grunt sends 133 e-mails a day. I probably communicate with people electronically 133 times a day, but I'm including this blogosphere, MySpace, Facebook, and the Jake Watch Message Board in that count. I send maybe 5 - 10 actual e-mails a day. I send maybe 2 - 3 actual work-related e-mails a week. I realize I'm not but an unimportant cog in the wheel, but what the hell are all these other people writing back and forth so damn much about? Ever heard of a phone?

As a nation, America sends 100 billion pieces of mail through the U.S. Postal Service a year. We send more than 100 billion e-mails a day.

(I'm sorry there's no picture to go with this. I have a headache and didn't really feel like finding something. I'm nothing if not honest.)

Source: NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams, June 20, 2006

Comments on "Oh my God, is it Wednesday already?!"

 

Blogger Nothing Really Matters said ... (3:20 PM, June 21, 2006) : 

"100 billion e-mails a day"

OMG that is alot and i bet most of that is junk! Well PG with all these different ways of leaving messages and sites like you, i can't help but think i have missed someone out!

I really need to write e-mails to my family in the US. I've been very lazy!

 

Blogger Nothing Really Matters said ... (3:24 PM, June 21, 2006) : 

Take some pills for the head, trust pussy.

 

Blogger Ninni said ... (4:05 PM, June 21, 2006) : 

I used to work as an assistant at Nokia and my co-workers would send me an e-mail if they wanted to ask me when I'm going to lunch. And these were co-workers that sat in the next cubicle from me...

So yeah, I can believe 133 e-mails per day.

 

Blogger Becky Heineke said ... (5:09 PM, June 21, 2006) : 

^^^That is dumb. Almost dumber than naming a beetle after a Bush official, but not quite. I knew they would be stupid e-mails. :)

I always trust you, Pussy. 10 minutes till I can go home and medicate myself...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:17 AM, June 22, 2006) : 

I MAY have, at one point, be the type to send an email to a coworker in the same building...like AIM but slower...

I 'm saying MAY have. ;)

 

Blogger matt of comooxdom said ... (7:05 AM, June 22, 2006) : 

Some of these statistics really annoy me. I once read one that 65% of men had had an affair - where did they get this from? Outside of a singles club? Divorcee night at the local supermarket?

They didn't ask me. Rubbish.

 

Blogger Ninni said ... (8:22 AM, June 22, 2006) : 

Some of these statistics really annoy me. I once read one that 65% of men had had an affair - where did they get this from?

"There are lies, bigger lies and statistics". Indeed.

 

Blogger Miffed67 said ... (11:42 PM, June 22, 2006) : 

Dude, 100 billion emails a DAY? That is a HELL of a lot of emails! But, on the good side, think of all the trees we're saving. I admit, I'm guilty of having sent inconsequential emails, but hey....sometimes I'm just too lazy to pick up the phone!

 

Blogger Becky Heineke said ... (5:06 PM, June 25, 2006) : 

^^^ Yeah, I got you. I think we all wound up in the same square, which makes me SO happy. I consider that the best square on the graph. I mean, clearly, if I placed in it. :)

Regarding statistics, you are preaching to the choir of skeptics right here. However, I do believe the e-mail thing. It is good that we're using it as a method of communication, but if we overuse it has a detrimental social effect. I'm really tired and probably shouldn't be pontificating right now. I'll say something more coherent tomorrow. Just ignore me. :)

 

post a comment

Disclaimer: The contents of this blog are based solely on the opinions the author who is not affiliated with anyone. At all. Except herself. This blog is strictly for entertainment purposes. The author would never claim to be anything less than an open liberal, but she's not operating a news organization here. In fact, it's possible she's full of crap (possible, but not likely).

Powered by Blogger