Thursday, May 18, 2006

California, here we come!


The hard-working author who brings you The Overpopulation Blog five to seven times a week (not to be confused with Marissa Cooper, may she R.I.P.) was thinking recently about this site. "Self," I thought, "the content of this blog is pretty much the best I've ever seen, but I'm not seeing this same standard of excellence graphically." After much pondering, I was struck by inspiration: Why not revamp the site using a legally-questionable thematic rip-off of the popular primetime soap, "The O.C.?" Perfect!

Using only my own brilliance and Photoshop, I was able to achieve my goal. I scrapped together some old "O.C." promotional material and prayed to God I was not in copyright violation. I doubted this would be a problem, though, since the only people who come to this site are my dad, a couple of my close friends, and people from Jake Watch who get lost.

Why "The O.C.?" Because it's phonetically similar to "The O.P." And what do I think about when I hear the word "overpopulation?" China? India? Africa? Of course not. I'm an American. I rarely think outside my country's borders. Overpopulation = California. Here we come.

Comments on "California, here we come!"

 

Blogger britpopbaby said ... (2:51 PM, May 19, 2006) : 

Dude, I am majorly impressed. But if you get to be Marissa then I bagsy Summer.

 

Blogger Nothing Really Matters said ... (2:54 PM, May 19, 2006) : 

I love Mischa Barton! Check the Funky new O.C Look, very cool.

 

Blogger Becky Heineke said ... (3:09 PM, May 19, 2006) : 

Yeah, who would have thought I could pull off something that actually looked professional?! I'm too good. OK, britpop, you can be Summer to my Marissa, as long as I don't have to die. :)

 

Blogger britpopbaby said ... (10:21 AM, May 21, 2006) : 

Where's my Seth?

 

Blogger Becky Heineke said ... (11:34 AM, May 21, 2006) : 

Apparently in the same place as my Ryan. I'll let you know if they miraculously turn up.

 

Blogger Nothing Really Matters said ... (1:05 PM, May 21, 2006) : 

Well i would like to be Ryan, although i guess i'm more of a seth!

 

Blogger britpopbaby said ... (3:31 PM, May 21, 2006) : 

We'll be needing our Califorian mansions too.

 

Blogger Becky Heineke said ... (4:24 PM, May 21, 2006) : 

Dammit, this is getting complicated.

 

Blogger Nothing Really Matters said ... (4:53 PM, May 21, 2006) : 

I'll start saving now! Maybe if we all club together we will have enough money for a front porch.

What’s the going rate these days for house in the OC??

 

Blogger Becky Heineke said ... (7:55 PM, May 21, 2006) : 

Sadly, I think even a porch may be outside of my budget. What we really need is to find some super-nice, wealthy family with an empty poolhouse...

 

Blogger britpopbaby said ... (6:45 AM, May 22, 2006) : 

The Gyllenhaals?

 

Blogger Becky Heineke said ... (7:38 AM, May 22, 2006) : 

That's the best idea I've ever heard!

 

Blogger Nothing Really Matters said ... (12:43 PM, May 22, 2006) : 

Do the have a big pool house??? Well if we all go and stay! Maybe they could have an extra one built!

 

post a comment

Disclaimer: The contents of this blog are based solely on the opinions the author who is not affiliated with anyone. At all. Except herself. This blog is strictly for entertainment purposes. The author would never claim to be anything less than an open liberal, but she's not operating a news organization here. In fact, it's possible she's full of crap (possible, but not likely).

Powered by Blogger