Tuesday, April 18, 2006

I can't choose a career!

Remember the good old days when you grew up knowing you were going to be a shoemaker because your dad and your dad's dad and every other generation of your family were shoemakers? And then your job had purpose because you were the only person in your village who knew how to make shoes? No longer! Overpopulation has pretty much ruined the job market by necessitating into existence lots of jobs that are boring and/or stupid. Sure, now we've got that whole "free-will" thing going for us, but with all the options out there, how could one possibly choose? And really, what could ever compare to the satisfaction of dressing the feet of an entire community?

Comments on "I can't choose a career!"

 

Blogger britpopbaby said ... (1:37 PM, April 18, 2006) : 

God! You're so right! We have to blame Americans for this one though - all that American Dreams propaganda gave the peasants ideas above their station!
I'd probably be mucking out cows and pulling up carrots now but no, I have no idea what to do with my life. Pro blogger prehaps?

 

Blogger Becky Heineke said ... (5:05 PM, April 18, 2006) : 

Yeah, I can't even deny that it's all America's fault. The whole capitolism thing got totally out of control and now there's no fun in it. I think I'm doomed to spend the rest of my life having people tell me I'm wasting my so-called potential. I think I'd rather muck cows. :)

 

post a comment

Disclaimer: The contents of this blog are based solely on the opinions the author who is not affiliated with anyone. At all. Except herself. This blog is strictly for entertainment purposes. The author would never claim to be anything less than an open liberal, but she's not operating a news organization here. In fact, it's possible she's full of crap (possible, but not likely).

Powered by Blogger