Friday, June 16, 2006

Hey, I swing to the left! Who knew?!

I would like to thank my friend Kathryn for posting this most interesting political survey on her blog. If you're interested in seeing where your personal beliefs lie in comparison to major political leaders, this is a fairly quick and seemingly accurate way to do it. The (many) questions require some actual thought, so it must be worth something. I am apparently slightly more liberal than Nelson Mandela and The Dalai Lama. And that's exactly where I want to be.

I realize this is pretty intense considering it's Friday afternoon and all, so if you want to put this off until Monday, I understand.

Comments on "Hey, I swing to the left! Who knew?!"

 

Blogger Miffed67 said ... (7:35 PM, June 16, 2006) : 

Dude! That was fascinating! Heeeee - I think I'm going to link it on my blog, too!

 

Blogger Becky Heineke said ... (7:37 PM, June 16, 2006) : 

I know, it was so much fun, wasn't it? Either we're highly politically intelligent or REALLY big dorks. :)

 

Blogger matt of comooxdom said ... (5:52 AM, June 17, 2006) : 

Cool - I thought I was going to turn into hitler there at one point:

Economic Left/Right: -4.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.74

I'm slightly more to the right and slightly more authoritarian than Ghandi!!!

I'd of never have thought it.

Cheers for this.

Matt.

 

Blogger Ninni said ... (9:09 AM, June 17, 2006) : 

I got:

Economic Left/Right: -7.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.15

Ha, Gandhi's got nothing on me..
Seriously though, the anarchy-part hardly surprised me but I'd always thought I'd be more right wing when it comes to economics..

 

Blogger Nothing Really Matters said ... (2:29 PM, June 17, 2006) : 

Oh PG this is rather a long quiz, i've had a long day at work. I'm rather mean so guess what side i would swing!

 

Blogger Becky Heineke said ... (10:18 AM, June 18, 2006) : 

nrm, I don't blame you. It is a bit of time commitment. But bfs and wesntia, all right! I knew only politically well-positioned people read this blog!

 

Blogger britpopbaby said ... (1:41 PM, June 18, 2006) : 

I think I'm bang on Ghandi. I wonder if I'll get my own biopic featuring Ben Kingsley as me?
Economic Left/Right: -4.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.82

How distrubing is it that Thatcher is in the same quarter as Hitler? And Tony Blair is listed to the fucking right as well! Bastard.

Nice find.

 

Blogger Becky Heineke said ... (2:07 PM, June 18, 2006) : 

I find it highly uplifting that all of us fell in the exact opposite quadrant as Bush. This makes me think maybe there are more people out there with sense than I thought. Or maybe it's just that Jake fans tend to be REALLY smart. :)

 

Blogger matt of comooxdom said ... (7:09 AM, June 19, 2006) : 

I'm laughing so hard.

In all my life I don't think I have ever... or will ever again read the line:

"I think I'm bang on ghandi"

Genius.

 

Blogger britpopbaby said ... (4:24 AM, June 21, 2006) : 

I guess it's better than being bang on Bush.

 

post a comment

Disclaimer: The contents of this blog are based solely on the opinions the author who is not affiliated with anyone. At all. Except herself. This blog is strictly for entertainment purposes. The author would never claim to be anything less than an open liberal, but she's not operating a news organization here. In fact, it's possible she's full of crap (possible, but not likely).

Powered by Blogger