Monday, June 05, 2006

Things You Did Not Need To Know About Florida.

I should probably just reserve Monday posts for things that I learn on 60 Minutes the night before. Eh, but who wants structure when you can have lack of structure? Also, I should be writing about how there are clearly too many people who want to open accounts before my boss leaves for China for 10 days, thus delegating my blogging to roughly 12 hours past its usual time. But I'm not going to talk about that because it makes me sad that I'm not going to China. I really am very childish.

Back to 60 Minutes...last night, for instance, interviewee/author Carl Hiaasen told me much about the state of Florida. While I had previously not heard of this fellow, one 15 minute segment had me firmly resolved to read everything he has ever written. Things I learned:

1. 1,000 people move to Florida every day.

2. 450 acres are paved over in Florida every day.

3. Courts in Florida ruled that there was no constitutional basis for people to have sex with endangered reptiles. Apparently the state attracted (among various slimy politicians and OJ Simpson) a man who loved alligators a little too much. What I want to know is how this could have possibly come to light and how uncomfortable this case must have been for the defense lawyer.

Proof positive, then, that there are too many people in Florida. You don't get sexual depravity of that nature in lightly-populated areas. Or if you do, it doesn't go to court.

P.S. Internet Explorer users may notice that there is an overlapping text/picture thing going on towards the bottom of the sidebar. Firefox people will see nothing but beautiful spacing. I wasted an hour of my life trying to please both browsers and you know what, IE can go to hell. All I wanted was for Jane Asher, er, Prophecy Girl to look disapprovingly down the blacklisted and if stupid Microsoft can't play by the rules, then I'm sticking to my Firefox. Hear that, Gates? Screw your stupid little browser without tabs!

Comments on "Things You Did Not Need To Know About Florida."

 

Blogger Nothing Really Matters said ... (5:49 AM, June 06, 2006) : 

"1,000 people move to Florida every day."

Does florida really have that many Vacant homes every day!

 

Blogger Nothing Really Matters said ... (5:55 AM, June 06, 2006) : 

Obviously endangered reptiles don’t make good lovers! How could anyone do such a thing!

Maybe he should have found a non endangered raptile!

 

Blogger Becky Heineke said ... (7:37 AM, June 06, 2006) : 

Maybe he should have found a non endangered raptile!

Ha! Just looking at that picture, I can't imagine any part of that animal being a turn-on. Just, EW. And I guess there are that many vacant houses...that's probably why they pave over so much land every day.

 

Blogger Miffed67 said ... (11:13 AM, June 08, 2006) : 

How long will it be before the rest of the US is abandoned? There must be an attrition rate, don't you think? I mean, sure...that's population growth, but we are an aging nation.

I could get off on that alligator...think of all the shoes and handbags and wallets and belts! Oh MY!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:20 PM, July 20, 2006) : 

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

 

post a comment

Disclaimer: The contents of this blog are based solely on the opinions the author who is not affiliated with anyone. At all. Except herself. This blog is strictly for entertainment purposes. The author would never claim to be anything less than an open liberal, but she's not operating a news organization here. In fact, it's possible she's full of crap (possible, but not likely).

Powered by Blogger