Thursday, June 01, 2006

Air Guitar: Not Just For Bill & Ted Anymore...

Truth be told, the first time I heard of an air guitar championship was a few years ago. But I chose to ignore this phenomenon until this morning, at which point I ran across this website which I find to be unnerving on the highest of levels. Doubters, do you think it's possible, just possible, that there are too many people on earth if something as ridiculous as air guitar has a world championship, much less a world championship that we goofballs in the U.S. actually didn't win one year?! And if you don't find this disturbing, I guarantee this will push you over the edge.

Shout out to you Bill & Ted fans out there: "Bill, strange things are afoot at the Circle K." Those movies really are most excellent.

UPDATE! No shit, not two seconds ago when I was checking my e-mail the top story at www.yahoo.com was the National Air Guitar Championship. I don't know if it'll remain the top story, but I was too lazy to figure out how to link directly to the story. Also, I doubt anyone really wants to read it/see it (oh, there is video involved!) because the concensus seems to be all air guitar players should die. Harsh, yes, but such is the will of the people.

Comments on "Air Guitar: Not Just For Bill & Ted Anymore..."

 

Blogger britpopbaby said ... (9:23 AM, June 01, 2006) : 

See now, that news article is from BBC Wales. Nothing ever happens in Wales. If a sheep tumbles down a hill it's headline news.

Apart from that air guitaring is GAY. I won't tolerate people who do it. It is not cool. They all should die.

 

Blogger Ninni said ... (9:32 AM, June 01, 2006) : 

Oh God. They apparently have the world championships in Finland (something stupid organized here - now there's a suprise) every year because I remember reading about it last year and thinking that I should probably move to Sweden.

As if karaoke world championship contest wasn't bad enough...

 

Blogger Becky Heineke said ... (10:09 AM, June 01, 2006) : 

Oh God! How crazy is it that you guys are in two different countries which both have strong ties to air guitar?! Apparently this problem is worse than I thought. I'm doing my best to put an end to it here, but it looks like it's going to have to be an international effort. Sigh.

 

Blogger Nothing Really Matters said ... (1:31 PM, June 01, 2006) : 

Does such a thing really exist??

"Apart from that air guitaring is GAY. I won't tolerate people who do it. It is not cool. They all should die"

Oh yes Britpop they all should die!

 

Blogger Becky Heineke said ... (3:29 PM, June 01, 2006) : 

A drastic step, but perhaps one that should be taken...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:49 PM, June 01, 2006) : 

Gender aspect of air guitarr playing?!?

I'm all for the gender aspect of many things, but AIR GUITARR PLAYING??!? I'm amazed and puzzled...

 

Blogger britpopbaby said ... (3:41 AM, June 02, 2006) : 

Yeah, you'd think it wouldn't really matter but I guess boys are prone to do these stupid things (present company excluded of course ;) )

 

Blogger Ninni said ... (2:03 PM, June 02, 2006) : 

How crazy is it that you guys are in two different countries which both have strong ties to air guitar?!

Hmm, everything insane always takes place here and if my English teacher is any evidence, the Brits aren't that sane either.

 

Blogger matt of comooxdom said ... (8:20 AM, June 04, 2006) : 

I hung up my air guitar 12 years ago after winning an under 16s event in Crewe. Happy Days.

 

post a comment

Disclaimer: The contents of this blog are based solely on the opinions the author who is not affiliated with anyone. At all. Except herself. This blog is strictly for entertainment purposes. The author would never claim to be anything less than an open liberal, but she's not operating a news organization here. In fact, it's possible she's full of crap (possible, but not likely).

Powered by Blogger