Sunday, June 04, 2006

WTF Moments in Parade Magazine!

For any who aren't acquainted with this staple of American Sunday newspapers, Parade magazine is this cheesy half-mag that gets delivered with your paper once a week. Sometimes it has some interesting stuff, but it's also home to some not-so interesting stuff, such as the absolutely terrible cartoon "Howard Huge" about an enormous dog who occasionally, but not always, displays human-like characteristics.

This morning I was disgusted (as I frequently am) by a blurb which I have handily scanned and placed above. What the hell, America?! So, I paid money to Ireland? For a toilet convention?! Why are there toilet conventions? I think this convention thing has just gotten WAY out of control. No offense to Ireland (my homeland for all of five months), but obviously America has more money than sense and there are far too many people involved in the bathroom installation business. I just have this sinking suspicion none of this would be an issue if we were a less populous planet.

Comments on "WTF Moments in Parade Magazine!"

 

Blogger Nothing Really Matters said ... (5:04 AM, June 05, 2006) : 

Can America give money to my fund??? “International fund for NRM” It’s just I have a lot of things that I wish to achieve in this world and money would help me a lot. For starters I need to fly out to LA for a stalking trip and NY would be good. Also only the best hotels will do! A house in LA would be good. I need a base camp for all the stalking!

 

Blogger britpopbaby said ... (5:26 AM, June 05, 2006) : 

That's insane. They get enough money from the EU!

 

Blogger Becky Heineke said ... (7:33 AM, June 05, 2006) : 

Dude, how about a fund to give back some money to me? I'm pretty sure some of that was mine to begin with. Stupid government spending...

 

Blogger Nothing Really Matters said ... (8:39 AM, June 05, 2006) : 

I may have a $1 left over from my trip to the U.S will that do?

 

Blogger Becky Heineke said ... (9:00 AM, June 05, 2006) : 

I will take anything I can get!!

 

Blogger Nothing Really Matters said ... (12:41 PM, June 05, 2006) : 

Have you changed the header again??

 

Blogger Becky Heineke said ... (1:24 PM, June 05, 2006) : 

That I have. You can't stop me. I am a changing machine!

 

Blogger Nothing Really Matters said ... (2:51 PM, June 05, 2006) : 

I wish I had the knowledge to funk my banner up!

 

Blogger Nothing Really Matters said ... (2:51 PM, June 05, 2006) : 

Looking good by the way!

 

Blogger Becky Heineke said ... (3:00 PM, June 05, 2006) : 

Thanks! I've only been at this blogging thing for a couple months and I still have no idea what I'm doing with html code and all that. But Google is the friend of all bloggers. Ask and ye shall receive. :)

 

Blogger Nothing Really Matters said ... (3:36 PM, June 05, 2006) : 

All your blogs are fab; I have to ask Britpop, just to do the simplest of things! I so wanna redesign my blog!

 

Blogger Becky Heineke said ... (4:05 PM, June 05, 2006) : 

Hey, thanks! :) Well, if you have anything specific that you want to do, feel free to ask me, too. I have felt my way along generally by looking at britpop's accomplishments and then thinking, 'ooh, I want to do that, too!' and then figuring it out. Ah, she is an inspiration to us all. :) I do most of my stuff in Photoshop and then Google how to insert it into the template. But Paint or any other graphics program would work just as well.

 

post a comment

Disclaimer: The contents of this blog are based solely on the opinions the author who is not affiliated with anyone. At all. Except herself. This blog is strictly for entertainment purposes. The author would never claim to be anything less than an open liberal, but she's not operating a news organization here. In fact, it's possible she's full of crap (possible, but not likely).

Powered by Blogger