Sunday, July 02, 2006

WTF Moments in Local Editorials!

While nothing can quite compare to the first WTF moment, I thought this one was pretty good, too. For those of you unfamiliar with The Boondocks, it's basically the best comic strip in the history of the funnies. Sometimes I don't "get it" because I'm about as white as a person can get, but aside from offering shrewd commentary on African American culture, creator Aaron McGruder also has some pretty sharp criticism for the current inept administration, as well as American politics in general. Perhaps just as importantly, he is my friend on MySpace.

But our friend Doug here apparently does not feel the same way about Aaron as I do, and loses major cool points for using the word "gansta" and then putting it in quotation marks (I'm thinking Doug might be white, what do you think?). He also loses points for casually knocking my primary sources of news, like "The Daily Show" (third paragraph) and pretty much knocks himself into the negative column for not being able to express himself in a way that makes any sense whatsoever. What is with that last sentence? Did he think that was a good closing argument? Dude. I can't even Blacklist you because I feel so sorry for you and your inability to make yourself look smart.

Comments on "WTF Moments in Local Editorials!"

 

Blogger Nothing Really Matters said ... (3:42 PM, July 02, 2006) : 

I will come back and read the rest later when i'm less tired! I thought that first past said NRM!

 

Blogger matt of comooxdom said ... (7:14 AM, July 03, 2006) : 

does the 17 year life membership make him 17 years old then?

 

Blogger Becky Heineke said ... (2:05 PM, July 03, 2006) : 

^^^ I thought that same thing. Either he started off VERY young or he doesn't understand the concept of "life membership." I'm guessing it's the latter (although parents do some wacky things nowadays).

 

Blogger Ninni said ... (2:05 AM, July 04, 2006) : 

If anyone thinks that NRA members are criminals, it would show up when those who do commit crimes were arrested

Ok, I don't even understand this sentence. Like, whaaat? Somebody's being very stupid here, him or me. But since he's the one with a membership to NRA, I'm guessing it's him.

 

Blogger Becky Heineke said ... (11:00 AM, July 04, 2006) : 

No, wesntia, that sentence actually does not make any sense whatsoever. I think he was trying to say it would come up on a background check, but he failed miserably. Also, is he suggesting that no member of the NRA has ever committed a violent crime?! Because that may be the dumbest thing I've ever heard in my entire life.

 

Blogger Miffed67 said ... (12:34 PM, July 04, 2006) : 

WTF is he talking about with that last sentence? I don't get it! OH.....I know what it is....you have to be a member of the NRA to get it. What-the-fuck-ever.

This just goes to show you...the world is FULL of idiots!

 

Blogger britpopbaby said ... (1:03 PM, July 04, 2006) : 

I'm confused. Mainly by the man's letter but also by that cartoon strip. It's cos I'm white and English, isn't it?

 

Blogger Becky Heineke said ... (4:39 PM, July 04, 2006) : 

Probably. :D

 

Blogger Ninni said ... (5:52 AM, July 05, 2006) : 

Also, is he suggesting that no member of the NRA has ever committed a violent crime?! Because that may be the dumbest thing I've ever heard in my entire life.

Maybe they have an IQ limit for joining the NRA....only people with a two digit IQ can join?

And yeah, I guess that's what he was trying to say but he failed miserably indeed.

 

post a comment

Disclaimer: The contents of this blog are based solely on the opinions the author who is not affiliated with anyone. At all. Except herself. This blog is strictly for entertainment purposes. The author would never claim to be anything less than an open liberal, but she's not operating a news organization here. In fact, it's possible she's full of crap (possible, but not likely).

Powered by Blogger