Wednesday, July 19, 2006

I love Harry Potter as much as the next person...

...but is it really necessary to have literature experts dissecting hints that J.K. Rowling gives regarding the much-anticipated 7th book? Um, no. Aren't there still some pressing Dickinsian (sp?) questions that still need answering or something? Sounds like a case of too many literature experts running around (and I, personally, like the surprise of not knowing).

Also, in a strange metatextual twist, I now have to cite myself as part of the epidemic of ridiculousness stemming from overpopulation (!). If you Google "prophecy girl", unbelieveably, my Blogger profile is the last entry on the first page. I'm on the first page!! I don't know whether to be thrilled with my newfound search engine popularity, or disturbed that I have somehow surpassed so many references to my namesake, the Buffy episode, "Prophecy Girl" (season 1, episode 12, check it out, you won't be disappointed).

Hmm, a lackluster entry, to be sure, but if you'll excuse me, I have a movie to write.

Comments on "I love Harry Potter as much as the next person..."

 

Blogger Nothing Really Matters said ... (1:36 PM, July 19, 2006) : 

I love Harry potter as well.

Check you oh powerful one, I’m off to Google my name!

I hope the movie is going well!

 

Blogger Nothing Really Matters said ... (1:41 PM, July 19, 2006) : 

Okay mine comes on page four, number three out of 65,000,000.

 

Blogger Nothing Really Matters said ... (1:48 PM, July 19, 2006) : 

Google britpopbaby and you get 540 hits and they are all about our friend brits! We also come under this take a look. I really have to tell her about this!

 

Blogger Nothing Really Matters said ... (1:57 PM, July 19, 2006) : 

I'm goging off on one now, my Myspace comes up on page 6.

 

Blogger Becky Heineke said ... (2:37 PM, July 19, 2006) : 

My MySpace for "Laurie Partridge" was on page 2. Woo hoo! I should have come up with something original like you and brits did. Now I have to compete with those who came before me. :D

 

Blogger Nothing Really Matters said ... (3:57 PM, July 19, 2006) : 

Well my name is a madonna song so that counts for alot of search hit!

 

Blogger Becky Heineke said ... (4:12 PM, July 19, 2006) : 

Dude, I feel so dumb! I always think of "Bohemian Rhaspsody" by Queen! "Nothing really matters/anyone can see/nothing really matters/nothing really matters...to ME!" I should have known it was the name of a Madonna song! Stupid me!! ;)

 

Blogger matt of comooxdom said ... (7:44 AM, July 20, 2006) : 

I'm no. 1 on blogging for scraps and comoox. I think that there is a google conspiracy going on whereby they promote blogger by putting all the blogs high up on the lists. Very funny.

 

Blogger Becky Heineke said ... (9:17 AM, July 20, 2006) : 

Must be. There's no reason why I should be that high up.

 

Blogger Nothing Really Matters said ... (12:33 PM, July 20, 2006) : 

Why not PG i have people in high places! You should you are fab!

 

Blogger Ninni said ... (2:12 PM, July 20, 2006) : 

If you google "I fucking hate google" you get my blog on the first page! :D

Yeah, I like Potter well enough too, but I remember someone once said "J.K. Rowling can type, Ursula Le Guin can write" and having read both authors I kinda have to agree...not saying Potter books are bad though! I've liked them all.

 

Blogger Becky Heineke said ... (2:36 PM, July 20, 2006) : 

If you google "I fucking hate google" you get my blog on the first page! :D

Ha! Seriously? That's awesome. Also, I'm addicted to Harry Potter but couldn't STAND it when everyone was trying to figure out who was going to die in the 6th book. I hate spoilers in general. I also hate it when people take entertainment too seriously. My mini-rant of the day. :D

 

Blogger Elena said ... (9:45 PM, July 20, 2006) : 

If you google "Jake Gyllenhaal Kendra", I'm in the 8th entry, and if you post "jake kendra" I'm in the third one!

 

Blogger Ninni said ... (5:09 AM, July 21, 2006) : 

Yeah, this one guy told me he found my blog because he'd googled "I fucking hate google"...I tried it too and it works! :P

Spoilers are a bit pointless...especially in a book like HP because I read it for the exciting plot, not for the Shakespearian writing so what's the point of reading it if I already know what's gonna happen?
Also, I don't get people who read the last chapter of a book first. Wtf? Makes no sense.

 

Blogger Becky Heineke said ... (8:06 AM, July 25, 2006) : 

^^^ You jackass!! It's a good thing I know who you are. ;)

 

post a comment

Disclaimer: The contents of this blog are based solely on the opinions the author who is not affiliated with anyone. At all. Except herself. This blog is strictly for entertainment purposes. The author would never claim to be anything less than an open liberal, but she's not operating a news organization here. In fact, it's possible she's full of crap (possible, but not likely).

Powered by Blogger