Sunday, September 24, 2006

WTF Moments in Local Editorials!


Honestly? Do I really need to respond to this one? This is one of those things that you read and you just think, "What the fuck?" Because seriously. I don't even know what the hell he's talking about.

JANE FONDA?!?!

Comments on "WTF Moments in Local Editorials!"

 

Blogger Nothing Really Matters said ... (12:46 PM, September 25, 2006) : 

I like Jane Fonda!

Dude WTF is with all the "s" it makes hard reading with so many!

This blogs always on the tops of forms!

Not a good example i know!

 

Blogger Elena said ... (5:20 PM, September 25, 2006) : 

It's sad, as Michael Moore said in one of his books, that "liberal" is used to define "followers" instead "leaders", I suppose that in the U.S. liberal is a misconception for "dazed & confused" or worse, "extremist" or "unreasonable". Sad.

 

Blogger Becky Heineke said ... (9:49 AM, September 26, 2006) : 

^^^ Damn straight!

 

Blogger Ninni said ... (12:35 PM, September 26, 2006) : 

Ugh, I dislike Michael Moore so much...he's the type of a person who a) gives liberals a bad name and b) actually benefits the republican party by behaving like an idiot (actually those two are kind of the same thing, err...)

The editorial is freakin' brilliant though...my local editorials only discuss dog excrement and crazy taxi drivers, this is refreshing.

 

Blogger Ninni said ... (1:11 PM, September 26, 2006) : 

Speaking of liberals that aren't embarassing, you just gotta love Olbermann...his latest in particular:

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2006/09/25/olbermanns-special-comment-are-yours-the-actions-of-a-true-american/

 

Blogger Ninni said ... (1:15 PM, September 26, 2006) : 

Ugh. Goddamn blogger. Let's retry:

http://www.crooksandliars.com
/2006/09/25olbermanns-special
-comment-are-yours-the-actions
-of-a-true-american/

Sorry, didn't know any other way to post a link :/

 

Blogger matt of comooxdom said ... (7:54 AM, September 28, 2006) : 

It's like they had a small gap in the paper and wanted somebody to write something in five minutes and they'd all been out drinking in their lunch and so the guy that no one likes who wears odd socks just ends up writing it [breath]. Rubbish.

 

Blogger Ninni said ... (8:24 AM, September 28, 2006) : 

Westnia, really? I always enjoy how he points out the irony in America. Maybe his style doesn't translate well?

Actually I rather liked Bowling for Columbine as well as some of his TV show episodes, but Fahrenheit 9/11 was just ridiculous and I really do believe it caused a lot more harm than benefit to the Democrats. Michael Moore became just the loony, out-of-touch crazy liberal the right wing extremists needed to make it look like all the liberals are out of their minds...

I guess I don't dislike him so much as a person - I might enjoy a nice conversation with him - but I don't think he proved himself particularly smart by immediately alienating all centrists etc with his extreme, and worse, proofless accusations in F9/11.

(that's not to say I don't believe the government was behind the attacks....because it was)

Then again, I love watching Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert and uh, well, I guess they're pretty much as loony as Michael Moore is....but somehow they just have more class. Lol.

 

Blogger Becky Heineke said ... (9:40 AM, September 28, 2006) : 

Man, I am such a slacker with the not-checking-my-own-blog stupidity! Why do I always assume no one cares? You guys care and I love you for that!

Weighing in on the Michael Moore debate...this is difficult because I can see both sides. For instance, Stupid White Men is a wonderful book. I loved every second of it...until I got to the end and he stopped attacking conservatives and started attacking Democrats. I saw his point (that the system is so flawed we need to stop looking at Democrats for salvation and instead, get going with a new party) BUT. This is America in 2006. There is absolutely no realistic hope that a new political party can come in and take over. It's just not going to happen.

That's why I've always considered myself more of an Al Franken liberal than a Michael Moore liberal. Mike's got a lot of good things to say, but I think he's so wrapped up in fighting for change that he's glossed over that fact that MAYBE the most effective way to get things done is to bring some respect back to the Democratic party, not totally scrap both the Democratic and Republican parties. Does that make sense?? Al Franken is much more of the persuasion to simply call out conservative Republicans on the blatant lies that they tell the public in order to get votes. Let's stop that bullshit before we start creating new political parties.

So, maybe in that sense, I actually am conservative. At least I don't consider myself to be radical when it comes to political parties. I know that politicians are, by definition, a slick bunch of characters, but I'll trust a Democrat anyday over a Republican.

OK, now I'm off to read the article Wesntia put up...

 

Blogger Megan said ... (7:04 PM, September 28, 2006) : 

If any of you live in Tennessee...which might be just PG and myself, you will have seen the political ads against Harold Ford, Jr casting him as 'the most liberal congressman in Tennessee.' Wait..is that supposed to make me NOT want to vote for him?? It really just firms up my decision TO vote for him!

 

post a comment

Disclaimer: The contents of this blog are based solely on the opinions the author who is not affiliated with anyone. At all. Except herself. This blog is strictly for entertainment purposes. The author would never claim to be anything less than an open liberal, but she's not operating a news organization here. In fact, it's possible she's full of crap (possible, but not likely).

Powered by Blogger