Monday, August 21, 2006

Just when I was beginning to lose hope...(aka Deep Thoughts for Monday)

Hope of blogging, that is; no serious existential quandry going on here. It's just that I checked this blog last night and thought, holy shit! I haven't updated since Wednesday?! And then, you know, I started to feel pressure to write something but I didn't have a topic off-hand and I really don't operate well like that. I'm more of a go-with-the-flow kind of blogger. I was so beside myself I couldn't actually remember why I was so pissed off about overpopulation. Dark times.

But then, like a light from above, I got an e-mail from Kathryn, my much-cited college roommate who doesn't have a Blogger profile and therefore can't post comments here (although it'd be really interesting to see which Beatle she turned out to be). She sent me an article so now I can appear to be both on-top-of-things and also deeply intelligent, even though it's Monday and the three people I've e-mailed already this morning can attest I'm kind of bored with life right now. Thank you, Kathryn!! Also, I hope classes went (are going?) well today and no matter what those other chemistry people are like, none are as cool as you because none of them supply O.P. factoids. Take that, bitches! And what the hell do you have against shorts?

Anyway, yes. Yahoo News had a thought-provoking article on the alternatives to CFC's and how they are actually no better in the overall scheme of things than the chemicals they replaced. Ergo, Deep Thoughts for Monday. I would discuss it more, but the writer of the article did a good job of summing up the entire issue and also I spent so much time writing about Kathryn sending me the article that I don't really have time because have to go back to work now.

Comments on "Just when I was beginning to lose hope...(aka Deep Thoughts for Monday)"

 

Blogger Nothing Really Matters said ... (1:17 PM, August 21, 2006) : 

Someone by now must have come up with a way of making more ozone!

If i'm talking crap i'm really tired and just about falling asleep at the computer!

PG maybe we could add that to our plan?

 

Blogger Elena said ... (2:50 PM, August 21, 2006) : 

The Kyoto treaty's goal is to reduce carbon dioxide emissions from power plants, motor vehicles and other sources that burn fossil fuels by about 1 billion tons by 2012.

The next candidate/president must be Democrat, and must compromise to Kyoto protocolos.

 

Blogger Becky Heineke said ... (4:28 PM, August 21, 2006) : 

^^^ That's the way I interpreted it. How depressing, huh? The science is just so politicized it seems like we can't do anything right!!

 

Blogger Becky Heineke said ... (2:49 PM, August 22, 2006) : 

Oh my God, Simon I am so impressed by your knowlege of ammonia and refrigerants! Those are two things I claim ignorance about. But if you can figure out how to keep my milk from spoiling in a less-environmentally-harmful way, more power to you! I agree about the Wall Street Dems, though. What we need are a few rebellious politicians to mix things up a bit.

 

post a comment

Disclaimer: The contents of this blog are based solely on the opinions the author who is not affiliated with anyone. At all. Except herself. This blog is strictly for entertainment purposes. The author would never claim to be anything less than an open liberal, but she's not operating a news organization here. In fact, it's possible she's full of crap (possible, but not likely).

Powered by Blogger