Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Completely Off-Topic, Yet Still Highly Important

Today being the 40th anniversary of the Beatles stop at JFK Stadium in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (I actually had to look that up...it's not one of those tour dates I have memorized but I needed some semblance of an excuse for this entry) I decided to take the "Which Beatle are you?" quiz. I've always described myself as a "Paul with strong George tendencies," so it was no surprise that I came out Paul the first time, thought better of one of my answers, and then came out as George. Judging from the extremely short and wildly stereotypical descriptions, I could be either one. Except for maybe that "you love animals" part. Animals love me. Does that count?

What Beatle are you?

Paul McCartney

You have a soft heart. You love animals, nature & quite evenings with good friends.

Personality Test Results

Click Here to Take This Quiz
Brought to you by YouThink.com quizzes and personality tests.



What Beatle are you?

George Harrison

You are wise beyond your years, caring. A listener, not a talker.

Personality Test Results

Click Here to Take This Quiz
Brought to you by YouThink.com quizzes and personality tests.


I then took the "Which Beatles song personality are you?" and somehow came out as Dirty Maggie Mae. They have taken her away. And she'll never walk down Lime Street any mo' er. I actually don't know how this happened and I hope you don't think less of me since I came out as a hooker. I really thought I'd be Lovely Rita, meter maid.

Which Beatles song personality are you?

Maggie Mae

You are a prostitute who gets in trouble. Now you'll never walk down Lime Street anymore.

Personality Test Results



Comments on "Completely Off-Topic, Yet Still Highly Important"

 

Blogger Linna said ... (3:48 AM, August 17, 2006) : 

Hi! I'm John apparently! :)

 

Blogger Becky Heineke said ... (8:02 AM, August 17, 2006) : 

^^^ Ha ha! But seriously, God I hope not! I have issues with that woman.

Linna, you're back!! We've missed you! :)

 

Blogger Becky Heineke said ... (9:56 AM, August 17, 2006) : 

Funny, it was the difference between beer and martinis that separated my Paul from my George. And the truth is, I could go either way on that question. ;)

 

Blogger Elena said ... (10:30 AM, August 17, 2006) : 

I chose wine and I'm John Lennon, I can't believe it, since he is my favourite Beatle!

 

Blogger britpopbaby said ... (12:41 PM, August 17, 2006) : 

I'm Lennon too. PG, does this mean we're going to write amazing music together but then fall out when I shack up with some nutty Japanese woman and you marry a vegetarin?

I'll do the song one now although I'd like to point out 'Maggie May' is an old folk song about a notorious Liverpudlian prostitute. Not really the best example of a Beatles song.

 

Blogger Nothing Really Matters said ... (1:26 PM, August 17, 2006) : 

George Harrison
You are wise beyond your years, caring. A listener, not a talker.

Taxman
Eeeeevil... I'm going to hide my money now!

 

Blogger Agnes said ... (1:35 PM, August 17, 2006) : 

I'm John Lennon

 

Blogger Becky Heineke said ... (1:56 PM, August 17, 2006) : 

Ah, brits. It's clear we're a match made in music heaven. I'd often suspected we would change the world with our music, but now we have proof. Actually, I'm surprised by the dominance of John's in the group. No love for Ringo?

Agreed on the Maggie Mae front. I thought it was traditional, plus only like half of it is on the original Let It Be which everyone knows is not a "pure" Beatles album because Phil Spector ruined it with his crazy producing. I'm telling you, I should have been Rita.

 

Blogger Becky Heineke said ... (2:04 PM, August 17, 2006) : 

Different Maggie Mae. Much less pop-music and much more English drinking song.

 

Blogger Becky Heineke said ... (3:21 PM, August 17, 2006) : 

Dude, I was the QUEEN of Napster. I'd bought a couple of CD bootlegs but they were all overpriced and low quality. Then Napster hit big my freshman year of college...my first computer all to myself, my first experience with unlimited internet access...to this day I find stuff I downloaded back then and think, damn, how did I know I'd want that later? I think I had some inkling it wouldn't last because I wound up with hundreds and hundreds of songs all across the board...but yeah, I got some good stuff. :)

 

Blogger Elena said ... (5:28 PM, August 17, 2006) : 

I forgot to make the Beatles song test: Eleanor Rigby. (Beautiful but very sad song)

You feel like no one cares about you. All the lonely people, where do they all belong?

 

Blogger Linna said ... (4:47 AM, August 18, 2006) : 

:) Yes, I'm back! And thank you, I've missed you all too! :)

 

Blogger Becky Heineke said ... (8:10 AM, August 18, 2006) : 

Joyce, sounds like a plan. All we're missing is our goofy yet lovable drummer for the sing-a-longs!

Simon, they were holding hands? Excuse me while I vomit. Paul must be in quite an emotional state over his divorce because he never shows public affection for Yoko unless the situation is particularly well, emotional (see anniversaries of John's death, Linda's death, etc). Also, I'll have to check out that Lieberman site. ;)

 

Blogger Megan said ... (1:55 PM, August 18, 2006) : 

I'm Paul and Lady Madonna. The Lady Madonna is no big surprise ; )

 

Blogger Ninni said ... (2:18 PM, August 18, 2006) : 

I'm John Lennon and....Taxman? What the hell? That's an interesting combination.

 

Blogger Medio Pomelo said ... (8:26 AM, August 21, 2006) : 

Is there anyone here apart from me who doesn't like the Beatles? Good post though PG, funny quiz, it's just that...if I think of Beatles, I think of Paperback Writer, which is THE most annoying song in the world...

 

post a comment

Disclaimer: The contents of this blog are based solely on the opinions the author who is not affiliated with anyone. At all. Except herself. This blog is strictly for entertainment purposes. The author would never claim to be anything less than an open liberal, but she's not operating a news organization here. In fact, it's possible she's full of crap (possible, but not likely).

Powered by Blogger