Friday, April 28, 2006

Oooh, History Lesson: Thomas Malthus

(Credit for this goes to my Uncle Mike.)

Apparently some people are perceiving this blog as a way of expressing my dislike of people in general (*cough*Alex*cough*). Not true, I tell you. Pretty much everything I write should be taken with a grain of salt. I have some pent-up frustration regarding what I see as decline in several arenas of our global community, but a) I'm pretty much an idiot; b) no one listens to me; and c) yeah, I'm an idiot. As my mother would say, "Opinions are like assholes."
Anyway, the dapper stud in the sketch above is none other than Thomas Malthus, whom I learned about in ecology class and then promptly forgot about until I was urged to Google him last night. Now this dude DID have some issues with people in general, because he was all about stopping the lower classes from having so many children. Ideas like this are not the best way to instill admiration from me, but he did have some good points on human population growth and food supplies. And this was in 1798 when there were far fewer people and most of them were shorter and thinner than they are today. So, go Malthus for beating me to the punch by like 200+ years.

Comments on "Oooh, History Lesson: Thomas Malthus"

 

post a comment

Disclaimer: The contents of this blog are based solely on the opinions the author who is not affiliated with anyone. At all. Except herself. This blog is strictly for entertainment purposes. The author would never claim to be anything less than an open liberal, but she's not operating a news organization here. In fact, it's possible she's full of crap (possible, but not likely).

Powered by Blogger